Wednesday, 19 August 2009

My Skincare Centre


I run a skincare centre from my home. I love working from home, it really suits me. It was very easy, and fun, to convert one of the spare bedrooms into a little haven of relaxation and peacefulness. I advertise in the residential estate's magazine, where I live, and occasionally do ladies golf day promotions.

Treatments that I do, include facials, massages, manicures, pedicures, waxing, tinting, and eyelash extensions. I really enjoy what I do, I enjoy the hands-on work, love working with people. I make sure that the treatment room always has soothing music playing, and a oil burner, with divine smelling essential oils.

The product brand I use, is Dermalogica. This has been my passion product ever since I went for my first facial when I was 16. I think Dermalogica is even the reason why I went on to study health and skincare therapy.

I find it hard that my income is so sporadic. There will be one week where I'm fully booked, and then the next week there's not a single client for days on end.

Hopefully September will bring people out of hibernation! Usually this is the time when people want to start painting toenails again, waxing, and generally revitalise themselves. I love spring time, the whole vibe and atmosphere always feels excited, happy and motivated. I'll make use of that feeling to inspire my clients!

I do think the current economic state of SA has had an effect on my business - when times are tough, treatments such as facials and pedicures are the first things to go, to cut costs and save money.

However, I have two new adverts coming out soon in two more residential estate magazines - and I think this is going to be just the boost I need!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment